Yambla is hosted in London, and thereby protected by the European Data Laws.
If you do not receive acknowledgement of your inquiry, or your inquiry has not been satisfactorily addressed, you should then contact TRUSTe here. The TRUSTe program covers only information that is collected through Yambla’s website, http://www.yambla.com.
This website is not directed at anyone under the age of 18.
Information We Collect and How We Use It
In order to provide our products or services, we may collect the following types of information:
- Information You Provide. When you create a Yambla account, we ask you for personal information. The information we collect varies based on what you are signing up for. In some cases, we may just collect your name and email address and require that you set a password. In other cases, we may request additional information, including, but not limited to, your telephone number, information about your business and your country of residence. The amount and type of information we collect will vary from time to time based on our business needs, but it is our goal to collect only the information that we need. We collect this information for a variety of reasons, including Yambla's effort to inform you of upgrades, changes in service, special offers, newsletters and other products and services in which you may be interested.
- Credit Card Information. We will ask you to provide your credit card and billing information when you purchase our products on our website or order them over the phone through our corporate sales department. Where Yambla utilizes third party payment processors, your credit card information will be disclosed to such third parties in order to verify card validity and process your transaction. We will securely store credit card information where necessary to process automatic renewals of subscription products that you purchase.
- Marketing. We may disclose anonymous information to advertisers, business partners, sponsors or other third parties. However, in these situations, we do not disclose to these entities any information that could be used to personally identify you. The anonymous information may be used to gauge the usefulness and popularity of our web pages, or certain links to or from our website. During those times when we participate in promotions and contests in conjunction with other companies, with the intent to share personal information, we will indicate this in our contest rules.
- Contacting You. Yambla may contact you to provide you with information concerning your account, your transactions with Yambla, your use of our services, including any software updates, without your specific consent. Please be aware that by accepting any of our trial offers, you agree to receive related follow-up communications via email, telephone or other means. Unless you instruct us otherwise, Yambla may also contact you with commercial information about products, services, promotions, contests, or other activities or offerings that may be of interest to you. You may be able to otherwise indicate your desire to obtain information about a particular offering by other means (such as an email request). Additionally, with each commercial communication you receive from Yambla, you will be given the opportunity to indicate that you wish to unsubscribe from receiving such future communications.
- Yambla User Community. When you create a Yambla account, you may participate in Yambla community activities. Any information that is disclosed in these becomes public information and could be used by anyone to send you unsolicited messages, so you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information. Yambla is not responsible for any personally identifiable information you choose to submit in Yambla community activities. To request removal of your personal information from our community areas, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why. Yambla may, from time to time, send email (in accordance with applicable laws) regarding our products to users who have posted to our forums.
- Customer Stories and Reviews. Yambla posts customer stories and reviews on the website which may contain personally identifiable information, such as accrediting a testimonial with the customer’s name. Yambla obtains each customer’s consent via email prior to posting the story or testimonial or using a customer’s name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at email@example.com.
- Tell-A-Friend. If you choose to use our referral service to invite a friend to Yambla, we will ask you to provide your friend’s name and email address and send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the website. Yambla will store this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and may use this information to track the success of the referral program. Your friend may, at any time, contact Yambla at firstname.lastname@example.org and request that his or her information is deleted from our database.
- Flash LSOs. Yambla posts tutorials and promotional Flash videos on its website which use local shared objects, also known as Flash cookies, to enable polling functionality of movie viewers which Yambla may elect to use from time to time. These Flash cookies collect and store information. Flash cookies are different from browser cookies because of the amount of data, type of data, and how such data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash cookies. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies, click here: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html#117118.
- Log Information. When you visit www.yambla.com, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- Providing our services, including the display of customized content;
- Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services;
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our network;
- Protecting the rights or property of Yambla or our users; and
- Developing new services.
You can find more information about how we process personal information by referring to the supplementary privacy notices for particular services.
Yambla processes personal information on our servers in London and in other countries. In some cases, we process personal information on a server outside your own country. We may process personal information to provide our own services.
Choices for Personal Information
When you sign up for a particular product or service that requires registration, we ask you to provide personal information.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some Yambla features and services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
We do not require that you provide Yambla with personal information. The decision to provide personal information is voluntary. If you do not wish to provide the personal information requested, however, you may not be able to proceed with the activity or receive the benefit for which the personal information is being requested. To exercise any opt-out rights under applicable laws, please notify Yambla of your desire to do so at email@example.com.
It may take a reasonable period of time to process your request.
Yambla only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of Yambla in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent.
- We use other third party service providers for network, security, email and hosting services, credit card processing companies to bill you for goods and services, and marketing vendors to facilitate email broadcasts. We use help desk software to assist you if you have questions while using our site or regarding your order. When you sign up for Yambla Software Assurance and Support, other subscription services, or to receive promotional material, we will share your name, contact information, and products and services purchased, Yambla will disclose such information as necessary for the third party to provide that service.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Yambla, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number to purchase Yambla products and services), Yambla encrypts such information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We restrict access to personal information to Yambla employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Accessing and Updating Personal Information
When you use Yambla products and services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. If your personally identifiable information changes, you may correct, update, or delete inaccuracies by logging into your Yambla account and making the change on the applicable information page or by emailing Yambla’s Customer Support department at email@example.com. Yambla will respond to your request within 30 days. Some of our services have different procedures to access, correct or delete users’ personal information. We provide the details for these procedures in the specific privacy notices or FAQs for these services.
At the time Yambla asks for your personally identifiable information, Yambla provides you the opportunity to "opt-out" of having this information used for certain purposes. Furthermore, if you purchase a product or service, but do not wish to receive any marketing material, including newsletters and promotional communications, from Yambla, you may opt-out at any time by following the unsubscribe link provided at the bottom of each email communication or by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can log in to our site using sign-in services. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign up form. Some of these services give you the option to post information about your activities on this website to your profile page to share with others within your network.
Social Media Features and Widgets
When we receive formal written complaints at this address, it is Yambla’s policy to contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between Yambla and an individual.
Subsequent Owner of Yambla
Powering intrapreneurship worldwide. Request a demo now!
Trusted by some of the world's smartest companies